Last updated July 17, 2017
These instructions will help you secure a Wyoming sales tax license. For more information about sales tax in Wyoming check out our Wyoming Sales Tax Guide for Businesses.
1. Who needs a sales tax permit in Wyoming?
Any seller who meets the criteria as a “vendor” in the state of Wyoming must register for a Wyoming sales tax license. Check out Wyoming’s Vendor Guide for more about what being a vendor means in Wyoming.
2. How do you register for a sales tax permit in Wyoming?
You can apply online at the Wyoming Internet Filing System for Business.
You can also apply on paper and mail or fax in the Wyoming Sales/Use Tax Application.
You can call (307) 777-5200 for assistance completing the application.
3. What information do you need to register for a sales tax permit in Wyoming?
- Personal identification info (SSN, address, etc.)
- Business identification info (EIN, address, etc.)
- Date of first sale in Wyoming
- Some information about the items you plan to sell
4. How much does it cost to apply for a sales tax permit in Wyoming?
There is a one time license fee of $60, and other Wyoming business registration fees may apply.
5. How long does it take to receive your Wyoming sales tax permit?
The Wyoming Department of Revenue strives to issue your sales tax license within 10 business days of application.
6. Do you have to renew your Wyoming sales tax permit?
You do not need to renew your Wyoming sales tax permit.
7. How can I learn more about Wyoming sales tax?
- Read our Wyoming Guide for Businesses
- Find the best contact number to call the Wyoming Department of Revenue
- Got questions? Ask our vetted list of sales tax experts