What You’ll Need:
1) Your TaxJar Kentucky Actual Sales Tax Collected Report
2) Your Kentucky State Tax ID
3) Your Kentucky State Login
4) Your Kentucky State Password
5) Your bank account number
6) Your routing number
How to File a Kentucky Sales Tax Return
Estimated time (with TaxJar): 5-7 minutes
1) Open your TaxJar Kentucky Sales Tax Report
2) Click the blue “file manually” link at the bottom of your Kentucky Report. The next page will show you the main details you’ll need to complete the return form, and also provide a link to file online at the Kentucky ETax site.
3) Login at Kentucky ETax using your Kentucky State ID, Kentucky State Login and Kentucky State Password.
4) After you login, scroll down the page and click the filing period that you need to file. This opens a Return form on the next page. (Make sure your TaxJar Report filing period matches the same time period. If it doesn’t, you can edit this in the State Settings.)
5) The form will ask for “Total Receipts Do not include sales tax collected.”
You can find this amount under “Gross Sales” in your TaxJar Report.
Round the number you see in your TaxJar Report to the nearest dollar amount. (e.g., $573.57 would be rounded to $574.)
6) The form will also ask you to enter Deductions (if applicable), as well as the Cost of tangible property and digital property purchased for use without payment of sales and use tax, (if applicable).
7) Click the “Calculate” button and the next page will show you the total taxes due, along with any penalties and/or interest due.
8) Click the “File/Submit” button.
9) Click the “Pay Online” button and enter your payment and billing information.
10) Click “Finish”
11) Click “Sign and Submit” to see a summary of your return and payment details.
12) You’ll also want to log into TaxJar and record the payment in your Payment History. You’re done!
You’re done! Have questions or comments? Ask your peers and the experts over at SalesTaxCommunity.com.