For all but a few services, FedEx and UPS offer a free, money-back guarantee. Begin by visiting ups.com or fedex.com to learn if the money-back guarantee applies to your shipment. If UPS or FedEx makes a delivery later than their time commitment, you are entitled to receive a credit for the shipping charges. Ground packages are also included, they are guaranteed to arrive by a certain day.
These GSR late package refunds are only provided upon request. In other words, while UPS & FedEx offer a great money-back guarantee policy on late deliveries, they don’t necessarily make it easy to get these refunds, nor do they automatically give you refund credits. That would be too easy!
Do All Late Packages Get a Refund?
You may be wondering if all late packages get a refund. Well, the answer is ‘NO.’ There are some exclusions and restrictions:
- Smart Post or Mail Innovations
- Events beyond UPS or FedEx control
- Weather Delay
- Customs Delay
- Factors not in carriers’ control
- 15 Day Time Limit to Claim Late Package Refunds Exceptions
Once a refund for a late package is issued, it will appear on the current FedEx or next UPS invoice as a credit. This will either reduce the amount you owe or lessen the amount of a future invoice depending on the carrier.
Contract Negotiation Tips
The carrier contract negotiation process can be an overwhelming and intimidating task to tackle. However, reading the fine print can mean huge savings to your bottom line. UPS and FedEx contracts include numerous variables and surcharges that determine the final cost of a package. Here are some tips for you to consider next time you negotiate your UPS or FedEx agreement.
- You can re-negotiate and review contracts at any time.
- Negotiate on almost all rates and surcharges, but don’t try to negotiate everything. Put efforts into areas that have the greatest impact on your bottom line.
- Know more about your company’s shipping data than your carrier representative does.
- Never waive your right to file for a Money Back Service Guarantee refunds – you will lose your ability to reclaim thousands of dollars.
- Ask for base incentive discounts. These are a flat percentage discount for each package and vary among multiple weight ranges.
- Split your business between FedEx and UPS. Let the carrier know the competitor is always an option.
How Refund Retriever Can Help You
The most economical way to stop paying for services you don’t receive is to let Refund Retriever handle your parcel recovery needs. Join the multitude of businesses that benefit from our refund technology to recoup valid parcel recovery refunds. After all, a FedEx or UPS guarantee doesn’t count for much unless you let our knowledgeable service team at Refund Retriever track down your shipping refunds for you when a timely delivery doesn’t take place. Exclusive for TaxJar users: Try us free for 1 month! (Just enter “TaxJar” as your referrer.) www.refundretriever.com.