Release Notes is our new monthly guide covering product improvements across the board, from AutoFile to SmartCalcs. We’re improving TaxJar every day to make sales tax easy for merchants and developers. Take a look at everything we shipped in the month of October! 🎃
🗄 Reporting Improvements
We released a variety of improvements and fixes to TaxJar Reports in October. When exporting transactions out of TaxJar via CSV, we now include the
We also made a series of updates to individual state reports:
- California: Fixed the exemptions breakdown under the “Expected Sales Tax Due” report.
- Missouri: Shipping is now exempt / non-taxable as of 9/1/2017.
- Texas: Exempt rows are only shown in jurisdictions where you actually collected sales tax.
- Washington: B&O tax credit now correctly excludes litter tax.
Lastly, refunds are properly excluded from reporting where the order date is before your “nexus established” date.
📥 AutoFile Improvements
As always, we’re improving AutoFile behind the scenes to process your sales tax returns efficiently. Last month we added the location number field for Texas enrollments:
Your location number is 5 numbers starting with a 0 and can be found on the Texas Sales Taxpayer Search. Provide your TX taxpayer number on that website to get your location number.
We also made a minor fix to the taxable sales amount for filing soon notification emails in the state of Washington.
🛠 Integration Updates
Our WooCommerce and Magento 2 integrations received critical compatibility updates for newly released versions. The latest version of WooCommerce (3.2) completely revamped the checkout calculation process. Here’s the full breakdown:
TaxJar WooCommerce Plugin v1.5.0 (Download)
- WooCommerce 3.2 compatibility
- Fix “limit usage to X items” discounts in WooCommerce 3.1
- Fix product tax class parsing for multi-word categories
TaxJar Magento 2 Extension v0.7.5 (Download)
- Composer update for Magento 2.2
- Move transaction sync event to global scope for virtual orders
Additionally, we made some improvements to our Shopify integration when importing transactions into TaxJar:
- Improve handling of orders with large amounts
- Improve 502 error handling with Shopify imports
🤓 API Client Updates
Recently we released version 2.0 of our Ruby API client, dropping support for Ruby 1.9.3 and requiring Ruby 2.0+ moving forward. We made this update to better support developers using later versions of client dependencies such as the HTTP gem (v2.x).
If you have any questions or need help, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. Get ready for December 🎅🏻, more big announcements are on the way!