Last updated June 12, 2018
For more information about collecting and remitting sales tax in Arkansas, check out our Arkansas Sales Tax Guide for Businesses.
1. Who needs a sales tax permit in Arkansas?
Any vendor who has sales tax nexus in Arkansas and sells property or services subject to sales tax in Arkansas must register for a permit under the Gross Receipts Tax law.
2. How do you register for a sales tax permit in Arkansas?
You can register online at the Arkansas Taxpayer Access Point (ATAP) or fill out the paper application Just click “Sign up” and you’ll be prompted to enter business info then register for your sales tax permit.
3. What information do you need to register for a sales tax permit in Arkansas?
- SSN or ITIN number
- Business identification information
- Business entity type
- Nature of your business
- NAICS Code
4. How much does it cost to apply for a sales tax permit in Arkansas?
It costs $50 to apply for an Arkansas sales tax permit. Other business registration fees may apply to some businesses. Contact each state’s individual department of revenue for more about registering your business.
5. How long does it take to receive your Arkansas sales tax permit?
It takes 8-10 days to process the permit.
6. Do you have to renew your Arkansas sales tax permit?
No, you are not required to renew your permit.
7. How can I learn more about Arkansas sales tax?
- Read our Arkansas Sales Tax Guide for Businesses
- Find the best contact number to call the Arkansas Department of Revenue