Save time filing your Tennessee sales tax return with this step-by-step guide.
What You’ll Need
1) Your TaxJar TN Actual Sales Tax Collected Report
2) Your Tennessee sales and use tax account number
3) Your Tennessee Username
4) Your Tennessee Password
5) Your bank account number and routing number or credit card information
How to File a Tennessee Sales Tax Return
Estimated time (with TaxJar): 3-5 minutes
1) Open your TaxJar Tennessee Sales Tax Report.
2) Click the blue “file manually” link at the bottom of your Tennessee Report. The next page will show you the main details you’ll need to complete the return form, and also provide a link to file online at the Tennessee Sales and Use Tax Filing website.
3) Log In at Tennessee.gov with your Username and Password.
4) On the Admin page, click on your Sales Tax ID to file a return.
5) The first line of the return form will ask for your Gross Sales Total, including food sales and rental proceeds. This is the Gross Sales total you see in your TN TaxJar Report.
6) Fill in the other fields, if applicable. Line 10 will ask for your Local Tax Total, and you’ll find this amount in your TN Sales Tax Report under “Local Taxes.”
7) The form will calculate the total amount due. Click “Continue” to move forward.
8) The next page will be a confirmation page. Review to confirm you’ve entered all information correctly and click “Continue” to make your payment.
9) Enter your bank and routing information (or credit card details if you wish to pay by card), along with the payment date and click “Continue.”
10) The form will ask you to certify that your payment details are correct. Review or edit; then click “Submit Return and Payment.”
11) The next page will provide a confirmation details for your records.
12) You’ll also want to log into TaxJar and record the payment in your Payment History.
You’re done! Have questions or comments? Ask your peers and the experts over at SalesTaxCommunity.com.